Top 9 Must-Listen-To Podcasts for 2017
Podcasting is your personal mobile university on steroids. As micro-learning surges in scope by becoming a key way for busy people to learn, podcasting is one of the distribution channels used to equip men and women with just-in-time skills to stay relevant in every economy. Most important, it’s FREE.
Podcasting is a vehicle for empowering education. It’s creating a learning lifestyle that fits your age and stage. Learn what you want, how you want, in the way you want.
It’s happening all around us. Individuals are upskilling, upsizing, and upscaling their thinking via learning bursts in less than an hour. There is no excuse to say, “I don’t know something,” or “I can’t do something.” Today, you can view a clip or tutorial on Youtube or Vimeo, download an e-book, or Google anything you want to know.
In the spirit of empowering you on your journey to creating an awesome life, I want to share with you some of my favorite podcast interviews that stretched my thinking. I didn’t agree with everything that I heard, but I understood another perspective that challenged me to think differently. Here goes…
- School of Greatness – Interview with James Altucher. Listen to all of them.
- How I Built This – Listen to the interview with entrepreneurs L.A. Reid, Suroosh Alvi, and Clif Bar. To me, listening to this podcast is like drinking a chai latte from Starbucks. It is so good, and I want to finish the entire podcast.
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Interview with Jamie Foxx, Seth Godin, Kevin Kelley, and all of them. Be prepared. Listening to his guests is like earning a Micro-MBA in one day.
- Hidden Brain – Listen to the interview on Dream Jobs. I love intellectual stimulation, and this is one of the best ones.
- Death, Sex, and Money – Listen to the interview with W. Kamau Bell – How Much is Enough. This is just fun entertainment.
- The Ultimate Entrepreneur – Listen to The Legend, Harvey Mackay, being interviewed by the $9 billion-man, Jay Abraham. You are probably wondering who is Jay; well, he is one of the smartest marketers on the planet. You will love his insights.
- Creative Warriors – Listen to Zen Marketing. In fact, just binge listen to this one.
- Entrepreneur on Fire – Listen to the interview with Sally Hogshead. Johnny Dumas is the man. If you want to be an Entrepreneur, before you do anything, do yourself a favor and binge listen to all of his shows.
- Glambition Radio – Ali Brown’s interview with Dorie Clark. Ali is brilliant, and you will love her interviews.
The most effective way to sustain what you learn from podcasting is to share it with three people you know within 24 hours. Then, commit to using one tool that you’ve learned over a thirty-day period. Your goal is to embed learning into a daily habit--just like brushing your teeth.