Nerium – The Next Big Thing
"Always question the person that has all of the answers. They are making it up."-Deborah Heisz, President and COO of Nerium
The core essence of Nerium is so simple – Make People Better - and it’s built on three pillars of personal growth: Authenticity, Character, and Give Back. Their entire company is based on one word: REAL.
After drinking the Nerium Kool-Aid, I am convinced that after 5 years of them being in existence, they are the one to watch in the days to come.
I noticed the following things about Nerium and what they believe:
- Cheer for each other. Bring people together around a goal to achieve what they couldn’t do by themselves. You are a light, and helping people become a better version of themselves is profound.
- Create your core philosophy, and stick to it. It will enable you to stay true to who you really are.
- If you are not real, you will be repelled from Nerium. What you really want are people who similarly align with your core values.
- The only things that exist in life are moments. The things that you do in the moment are insignificant. It’s the consistency of staying the course that allows the moments to compound over time and create incredible momentum.
- Culture is not something that hangs on the wall. Culture lives in the hearts and minds of men and women. Culture happens when no one is looking
- Master the mundane. Do the simple things really well. This is straight out of a book called The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, founder of Nerium.
- Happiness is the precursor to health and wealth. Over the last year, because of Jeff Olson’s stance on happiness being a competitive advantage, he has been invited to the United Nations to present about the power of happiness.
There are companies that start to only make money. I believe Nerium was created to be meaningful, memorable, and make money in the process. They’ve accomplished it in less than five years. I can’t even imagine what will happen in the next five years. Whatever it is, I know it is very bright.